The Angry Gorilla
Milk or dark chocolate
With our chocolate Angry Gorilla, we fight to hold corporations accountable for their actions. Join us at angry-gorilla.com. The cocoa for our gorillas comes from gebana Togo. The family-run business Stella Bernrain processes the cocoa for us in Switzerland. You can choose either the vegan dark chocolate gorilla (71% cocoa) or the milk chocolate gorilla (45% cocoa).
- Cocoa grown by 817 family farmers on an average of 1.5 ha in the Plateaux Region in Togo
- Organic, non-irrigated, manually harvested and sorted, sun dried, transport: by lorry from decentralised warehouses to Lomé, by ship to Rotterdam
- Purchasing from cooperatives and family farmers straight from the farm since 2000
- Potential for improvement: Increase prices for family farmers, centralise fermentation, facilitate access to organic pesticides, improve working conditions in the field
- Cocoa butter processed by Pronatec AG in Switzerland, with cocoa beans from the Dominican Republic.
- Milk powder processed by Hochdorf AG in Switzerland, with milk from Switzerland
- Organic and Faritrade-certified cane sugar from Paraguay
|Nutrition Facts per 100g|
|Hereof saturated fat||26 g|
|Hereof sugar||42 g|
Ingredients: Cane sugar*, cocoa butter*, cocoa*, whole milk powder*.
*from controlled organic cultivation
Cocoa: at least 45%.
Allergy information: May contain traces of hazelnuts and almonds.
Ingredients: Cocoa*, cane sugar*, cocoa butter*, vanilla*.
* from controlled organic cultivation
Cocoa: at least 71%.
Allergy information: May contain traces of hazelnuts, almonds and milk.